Monday, May 23, 2016

Window Frosting





For some strange reason, having clear front door windows was an upgrade on my new house. Sadly, I bought the house once it was completed so it was too late to change this. My solution - spray paint frosting. I knew from experience that contact paper type frosting is next to impossible to apply well. I'm a perfectionist so the edges need to be clean and wrinkles will drive me insane.


I used Valspar brand Frost spray paint but you use a different brand like this one.  I taped off the windows and used newspaper on the ground around the windows for overspray.  I ended up using 3 coats per window to even out the lines.  I only did the inside of the windows  I was happy with the coverage and viewing from the outside the paint looked smooth. 


I did the same technique on the windows in my garage.  The paint lets in plenty of light but provides for privacy.  It's been about 11 months and I do now see in the garage the paint has cracked.  You have to get close to see the cracks and my guess is because of the fluctuation of temperature.  I actually like the way it looks.


I haven't ever tried to clean the frosted portion and my guess is it would cause streaks/damage to the paint. 


View from the outside

I love how good it looks!






No comments:

Post a Comment